Friday, July 20, 2018
RECIPE FOR SAMOAN SAPASUI.
SAMOAN SAPA SUI (Chop Suey) -("Glass Noodles")- 10 servings
1. Chopped up chicken, pork or beef. 3/4 " cubes - (we like to use boneless dark chicken meat)
2. Vermicelli Noodles. (may use Dynasty mung bean vermicelli - our favorite) 6 oz package
3. 1 medium size Chopped Onion.
4. 3 or more clove of garlic (or more !!) of Chopped Garlic -minced size
5. Soy sauce. (we prefer Luriat DeLuxe Soysauce- Dark)- 1 cup
All of these ingredients are available at your local Asian Market.
1. Soak the noodles with warm water in a pot to soften it. Cut through each package maybe 3 times to make the strands shorter and more manageable
2. Cook the meat with onions and garlic until it's cooked through
3. Add the noodles and soy sauce to the cook meat, be careful with the soy sauce just enough to make the noodles a light brown color.
4. Cook it for 10 minutes. Stir every 3 minutes and sparingly add water to make it a little moist while the noodles are cooking.
Some people add a can of mixed vegetables, but Paradise of Samoa prefers to have their vegies to the side and we serve the Sapa Sui with Long Grain Rice, served Island Style.
Use tofu instead of chicken for a meatless dish......
Enjoy this simple recipe!!!!!!!!